Malwarebytes is an Anti malware software, This software protects you from various viruses like malware, Trojan, spyware etc. It analyzes the behavior of the program, and protects your document. MBAM scans and displays on a screen any existing malware, adware, or potentially unwanted programs that it has detected. However, this scanning may not work due to problem in the update or due to the inactive status of the computer. Let’s discuss the possible solutions in detail.
|Malware tech support||+1-800-986-6752|
Solution to the issue “Malwarebytes not scanning”
Simple steps to resolve the issue Malwarebytes not scanning
Time of scan : Post activation of your license, you may face the issue of the default scan isn’t running. This may be due to the time that the default automatic scan is set to.
If the time is during a period when the computer is in hibernate, sleep, or off status, then Malwarebytes stops scanning. The computer must be in an active state to run Malwarebytes scanning. Hence, make sure that the time of the automated scan is during an active period for the computer. Turn on the software by double clicking the desktop icon then follow the steps to resolve the issue “Malwarebytes not scanning” as below :
- Click on the “Settings” button on the left side of the program window.
- In the upper menu, Click on “Scan Scheduler” tab.
- At least one scan should be Normal. This is the default scheduled scan.
- Check mark this scan and click Edit to open the task.
- In the next window, you see the starting time. You may scan the set to a time during the day that the computer is active. A scan cannot be done during a time when the computer is in sleep/hibernate.
- Enter a new starting time for the scan, say 1:00 pm.
- Click “OK” to save the changes. You may close Malwarebytes once you have saved the changes.
Once set, you can wait for the scanning. After the scan you can get the results in the “Reports” section of the software.
Update issue : The followings steps can help in troubleshooting this issue :
- Turn OFF web protection by clicking on Settings, then select the Protection tab, and then set the Web Protection to OFF. If you receive a User Account Control pop up, asking if you would like to make the change, click on the Yes.
- Click on the “Dashboard navigation” option and then under Scan Status, click on the “Current label” button next to updates button.
- When it is finished, restart your computer. According to Malwarebytes it could take multiple restarts after installing the update in the system to stabilize.
- Now enable Web Protection again.
You can try the above steps while in Safe Mode with Networking. In case the above steps do not work, try to uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and reinstall it. But, kindly note that this method may cause your installation to become unlicensed. If so, just re-enter your license information after reinstalling the program.
Of course, if all your manual attempts do not work out, you should feel free to contact the malwarebytes helpline number anytime, to resolve your problems, as soon as possible.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding How to resolve Malwarebytes not scanning
You may see: