What does Malwarebytes slow startup mean?
The slow startup generally refers to as a slow running computer. If we talk about Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software, sometimes it takes much time to load as it usually takes Known as Malwarebytes slow startup. Sometimes, updating Malwarebytes also turns it very slow. We often see that few of the customers of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) with time period protection enabled have reported slow performance in Windows.
|Malware tech support||+1-800-986-6752|
This downside needs troubleshooting, pc data and running application with the MBAM time period protection module, can be managed by the perpetrator which is of mbamservice.exe of Malwarebytes. Also, Anti-malware programs or different security tools that are running in time period protection will slow a pc once the downloaded Malwarebytes is running within the protection module.
In order to fix this problem we would like to set up the protection by the antivirus program by excluding the subsequent files or processes of MBAM: mbam.exe, mbamgui.exe, mbamservice.exe, zlib.dll, mbam.dll and mbamext.dll – the situation is C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware folder.mbam.sys and mbamswissarmy.sys, that are set in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.
If we’re using Windows XP, add rules.ref within the exclusion list of antivirus program. It’s set in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. For Windows 7 users, rules.ref is in C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Some ways to fix Malwarebytes Slow Startup:
- Firstly, we have to open Malwarebytes and have to click on settings,
- Click on Protection tab,
- then we have to just enable “Delay Real-Time Protection when Malwarebytes starts”
- Lastly set “Delay protection for setting (it can be of 60-70 sec in some cases)” and by rebooting the system we can see the improvement.
According to some people, the paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-malware software slows down all the systems considerably during the rebooting. It may take 2-3 minutes, it basically hangs the computer for a few minutes and then after a few minutes, it works normally. And sometimes slow startup programs can also affect the computer. We can also use the workaround for Malwarebytes slow startup time.
Some other steps to fix Malwarebytes Slow Startup:
- Below Settings > Protection, modification of the subsequent settings,
- Just disable “Enable protection module” underneath Startup choices,
- and disable “Ransomware Protection” under time period Protection
On doing this, it brought startup time down from 10.5 seconds (even with Webroot antivirus disabled) to 3.2 seconds, even with all different period of time Protection enabled for Malwarebytes and Webroot.
Thus, follow these steps to fix Malwarebytes slow startup.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Malwarebytes slowing down windows 10.
You may see:
- How to resolve Malwarebytes not scanning.
- How to fix Malwarebytes blocking dropbox.
- How to fix Malwarebytes not opening.
- How to fix Malwarebytes not scanning network drives.
- How to resolve Malwarebytes not installing.
- Malwarebytes is crashing windows 10.
- Is your Malwarebytes uses too much memory?
- How to fix Malwarebytes not updating.
- How to resolve Malwarebytes anti malware error 2
- How to resolve Malwarebytes real time protection not turning ON