Malwarebytes error 1001 occurs when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware fails or crashes while it is running, hence its name. It is not necessary that the code was corrupt in either way, but only that it did not work during its run-time. This type of error will emerge as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and rectified. Here are symptoms, reasons, and processes to troubleshoot the problem.
Symptoms of Malwarebytes Error 1001
- “Error 1001” emerges and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC often crashes with Error 1001 when running the same program.
- “Malwarebytes Error 1001” is shown.
- Windows runs slowly and responds sluggishly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer occasionally “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
These 1001 error messages can emerge during program installation, while a Malwarebytes Corporation-connected software program (eg. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) is running, while Windows startup or shutdown, or even while the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 1001 error happens is an important piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Reasons for Error 1001
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software Incomplete installation or corrupt download.
- Corruption in the Windows registry from a recent Malwarebytes Anti-Malware-connected software change (install or uninstall).
- Malware or Virus infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware-connected program files.
- Another program mistakenly or accidentally deleted Malwarebytes Anti-Malware-related files.
Runtime Errors for example“Error 1001” can be caused by a range of factors, thus it is significant that you troubleshoot each of the possible causes to avoid it from recurring.
How To Fix Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Error 1001
Below is a list of troubleshooting steps to fix your Error 1001 problems. These troubleshooting steps get progressively more hard and time taking, thus we firmly recommend trying them in ascending order to avoid unnecessary time and effort.
1) Fix Registry Entries connected with Error 1001.
2) Execute a Full Malware Scan of Your PC.
3) Now Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
4) After that, Update Your PC Device Drivers.
5) Use Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System modifications.
6) Uninstall and Reinstall the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Program connected with Error 1001.
7) Then, run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
8) Install entire Available Windows Updates.
9) Execute a Clean Installation of Windows.
Operating System Information
1001 error messages can emerge in any of the mentioned below Microsoft Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000
Are You Still facing Error 1001 Issues?
We wish that after following the above-mentioned steps you would have fixed Malwarebytes Error 1001 of your own. If not so or you require any assistance, dial Malwarebytes Customer Support 1-800-934-1090 to get in touch with proficient experts who will fix the error easily.