Error : Malwarebytes consuming extra memory
Description: This error causes system crash and makes the system unstable
Timeline of events, related to Malwarebytes consuming extra memory
Update 1/28/18 2:50PM: Fleshed out the instructions based upon comments and emails I have received.
Update 1/28/18 7:36PM: Updated instructions.
Update 1/29/18 8:33AM: Updated instructions to use three different methods.
Contact : Malwarebytes Tech Support Number
|Malware tech support||+1-800-986-6752|
What are the causes of Malwarebytes consuming extra memory ?
This issue has caused the customers plenty of issues like causing the computers to crash or render them too unstable to be used. The new update caused mbamservice.exe to consume a lot of memory; up to 90% of the computer’s memory. Another update was launched to resolve the issue.
How to get rid of Malwarebytes consuming extra memory ?
Step 1- Turn web protection off and then on.
- Open Malwarebytes program window.
- Go to Settings and then click on the Protection tab.
- Turn the Web Protection to OFF from the protection tab.
- Click ‘OK’ on the user control prompt confirming the change in the settings.
- Go to Scan Status using the Dashboard navigation.
- Click on the Current label next to Updates.
- Let Malwarebytes download the latest updates.
- Restart your computer once the updates are complete.
- The system may take some time to stabilize after the installation is complete so be patient.
- Now, turn ON the Web Protection.
Step 2- Use the Safe mode.
- The update will complete in lesser time if you use the safe mode.
- Restart your computer in the safe mode.
- Repeat the steps given above in the safe mode.
- Log back into your computer normally after the update is complete.
- Restart your computer to make sure your computer is working smoothly.
- Make sure you turn ON the Web Protection after successfully performing the steps given above.
Step 3- Perform a clean installation of Malwarebytes on your computer.
- First of all, turn your computer into the Safe Mode.
- Go to the control panel and select ‘remove/uninstall programs’.
- Uninstall Malwarebytes.
- Restart your computer after successfully uninstalling the software.
- Now, download and install the Malwarebytes Cleanup Tool and run it.
- Let the tool run and make sure it removes all the Malwarebytes.
- Restart your computer again.
- Now perform a fresh installation of Malwarebytes. And restart your computer one last time to make sure the issue is fixed.
- This method can cause your software to become unlicensed. Simply retrace your license information after the installation is complete if this happens.
Step 4- Update Malwarebytes to the latest version.
- Open Malwarebytes program window.
- Go through the Scan Status section.
- Make sure that the scan status is ‘Current’.
- Go to the Settings screen and then select About.
- Make sure that the version on your computer is 1.0.3808 or higher.
What to do if the computer becomes unresponsive before/ during/ after installing updates?
- Open Task Manager and look for Malwarebytes.
- Stop the mbamservice.exe process.
- Restart the program and then download again.
If none of the above steps works, Contact the Malwarebytes customer service immediately.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Malwarebytes consuming extra memory
You may also see:
- Malwarebytes scan on an external drive mac
- How to remove Malwarebytes error on Mac
- Steps to install Malwarebytes Silent
- Malwarebytes website blocking not working
- Malwarebytes crashes Google Chrome
- Malwarebytes protection disabled notification
- Do I need Malwarebytes with Bitdefender
- Are you unable to download Malwarebytes
- How to run Malwarebytes Scan
- Malwarebytes causing issues after update
- Why Malwarebytes not cleaning virus
- Why Malwarebytes blocking everything
- Cleverbridge Malwarebytes support phone number