Malware is a set of codes which damage data & computer. That’s why the software like Malwarebytes Anti Malware is design to keep your PC secure from every type of malware. But simply like all the other software, Malwarebytes Anti Malware also has some drawbacks which annoy the users every now and then. In this article, we are going to discuss one of the major drawbacks that user occasionally may experience. Among all such drawbacks, MalwareBytes error 5 is the most common one. The error is quite complex and can not be resolved without technical knowledge. But no need to worry at all. If you are not tech-savvy, dial our toll-free MalwareBytes Customer Service Number to easily fix the error with the help of professional support.
|Malwarebytes error 5 , support number USA||1-800-934-1090|
|Malwarebytes error 5 , tech support number United Kingdom||02 0786 26337|
|Malwarebytes error 5 , tech support number Australia||0384004575|
|Malwarebytes error 5 , support number Canada||1-800-934-1090|
|Malwarebytes error 5 , support number New Zealand||800-449-076|
Reasons for Malwarebytes Anti Malware Error Code 5
Each error code has a certain meaning. Error code 5 is displayed when a particular necessity does not meet connected to either software or hardware. According to the official developer, Malwarebytes Anti Malware error code 5, means the Access is Denied. Also, error code 5 usually pops up during Windows Startup, installing software, or even installation of the Windows Operating System. The main reasons for this error code are:
- Mistakenly deletion of one of the important files or folder of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Corruption in the Windows registry from a recent Malwarebytes Anti-Malware-connected software change.
Other than these technical issues, error code 5 can also arise when you don’t have the specific permission to some sites.
Symptoms Of The Malwarebytes Error Code 5
When the error code 5 takes place in your system, a popup notification box arises on the screen. But there are some cases when this error code doesn’t appear with a popup and instead, starts showing a few symptoms.
- Your PC often crashes while running a program.
- The PC runsand responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
Fixes Of Malwarebytes Anti Malware Error Code 5
There are numerous alternatives available to fix the error code 5 depending on the root of the problem. But if you are not able to recognize the causes of the problem, then you can execute some basic method to resolve.
Fix The Registry Entries
Most of the times, error code 5 usually occurs for wrongly editing the registry entry. Manually editing does remove the error 5 but be cautious. Because wrongly editing or misplacing a command not only stops your PC but also creates significant damages to the Operating System. Thus, if you’re trying to use this method, then do it with a help of trusted registry cleaner or the help of a PC Service professional. Though, before anything else, create a backup.
- Initially, open the search box from the home screen and enter command in it. Subsequently hold Ctrl+Shift, then click the Enter button.
- After clicking the Enter button, you will view a permission dialog box. Select Yes to go to the next step.
- A black box will open, within less than one second. Enter regedit on it and click Enter.
- Now, in the registry editor, choose the files which you like to backup and export it from the File menu. Select a folder to Save the backup.
- Make sure that chosen branch is selected from the Export Range box before going to the next step and click the Save button.
- Finally, your files will be backed up with .reg file extension and you will be all set to edit the registry.
Edit the Registry
- Registry generally contains two basic elements. One is value and another one is key. If you know which Key you have to edit, simply click Ctrl + F to open the find dialog box.
- Once the box is open, enter the Key name and tap Find.
- Subsequently, find the key, double click on it to edit the value data and click OK to save the edits.
Once the edit is done, restart your device to check if the problem still persists or not.
Scan Your PC With An Antivirus
If editing the registry doesn’t work for you, then running a complete scan can fix the problem. In research, it is found that 7 out of 10 errors arises because some malware corrupted a significant file. Thus, you can just scan your PC to remove the infection and restore the files to fix the problem.
Clean The System Junk
Ocassionally, simple reasons like overloaded hard disk can slow down the response of the Malwarebytes and finally cause the error code 5. Thus, cleaning up the temporary files not only eradicte the error but can increase your PC’s performance.
If you are looking ahead to know the Disk Cleanup, then follow the method mentioned below:
- Once again, enter command in the search box from the home screen and choose the Command Prompt from the search results.
- Once the Command Prompt box opens, type cleanmgr and click Enter.
- Within a few moment (depending on how much junk files your PC process) Disk Cleanup dialog box will emerge with series of checkboxes to choose from.
- Check the boxes you wish to remove from the PC and click OK to start the cleaning process. Once the cleaning process is finish, check if the error is removed or not.
Run Windows System File Checker
The error code 5 can be automatically and easily solved by running the Windows System File Checker. With the File Checker tool, you will not only be able to pinpoint corrupted files, but can restore them at the same time. Thus, if you are planning to try the process too, then you have to open the command prompt box. Then, enter sfc / scannow and click the Enter button to begin the scanning process. Once the process is completed, go through the on-screen command (depending on the result) to restore the essential files and fix the problem.
Reinstall The Malwarebytes Software
If none of the above methods function for you, then your ultimate option will be reinstalling the Malwarebytes.
- Open Control Panel and tap on the Programs.
- Once the new window opens, tap on the Programs and Features and search the Malwarebytes. Tap on it.
- Then, from the provided option of top menu ribbon, tap on the Uninstall button.
- Subsequently, follow the on-screen direction to finish the uninstallation process.
- When the program is remove from your device, download a new copy from the Malwarebytes official site and install it in your device.
For information, this uninstallation process works for Windows 7 device. You have to follow a different method to uninstall programs for other versions of Windows.
We wish that after following the above mentioned steps, you would have easily fix MalwareBytes error 5. If you have any doubt or query, don’t hesitate to inquire us. Dial toll-free MalwareBytes Customer service Number to get in touch with experts. All the experts available in our team are certified, trained and knowledgeable & have years of experience in resolving such issues. Feel free to call us whenever require. We are available round the clock for assistance.